The honor I have to introduce my first interview is immense. I spoke with @moot_sai through email. I fell in love with his pixel art and just could not hold back wanting to discuss with him his craft of making beautiful Pixel Art creations. So, through email and other translation means, We were able to put this interview together. Please enjoy! I also have to let you know that for our Japanese speaking readers, there is a translated interview down below this one.
https://twitter.com/moot_sai/status/876220828639141888
https://twitter.com/moot_sai
What is your name?
It is Motocross Saito. I use the name DJISSY when I play music
What kind of art do you make?
Pixel Art
What inspires you?
It is undeniable that the foundation is influenced by Toyoi (toyoi)'s picture.
If I say that I am not affected it will be a lie.
The rest is what I like
HIPHOP culture, music equipment and paintings and movies. Pictures of Ukiyo-e painter called Komura Settai
And also familiar things
It is the same as saying "I'm happy when I draw a portrait"
I'd be happy if familiar things become pictures
https://twitter.com/moot_sai/status/855391961284460544
Why did you choose this?
Because there are restrictions, and it's simple.
Originally I was learning the design may be great
It is necessary to make designs with minimal art and to cut down what is not necessary
Pixel art was just right at that point
Have you ever wanted to give up?
I do not think so.
Does your art make you happy?
I am more happy about the process I am making
It is not so much whether I am happy to see the completed product itself
https://twitter.com/moot_sai/status/847380953345310721
What are you watching now?
I do not watch much TV
I am watching a program called HIPHOP evolution with Netflix as recommended by a friend.
Movies and Movies
What is your favorite food?
I like the taste of cheese
Is there anything you want to people to people who want to be artists?
I am still immature so i feel I can't say anything to others
As promised, the interview in Japanese:
What is your name?
モトクロス斉藤です。音楽をするときはDJISSYという名前を使っています
What kind of art do you make?
ピクセルアート
What inspires you?
土台は豊井(toyoi)さんの絵に影響を受けているのは否めない。
私が影響を受けていないと言ったら嘘になってしまう。
あとは自分の好きなもの
HIPHOPカルチャー、音楽の機材とか絵画と映画。小村雪岱(Komura Settai)という浮世絵師の絵
それと身近な事柄
”似顔絵を描いてもらったら嬉しい”ということと同じで
身近なものが絵になったら嬉しいから
Why did you choose this?
制限があるから。そしてシンプルだから。
もともと私がデザインを学んでいたことが大きいかもしれない
デザインというのは最低限のもので構成して必要ないものを削ぎをとしてくことが必要になるんだけど
ピクセルアートはその点においてちょうどよかった
Have you ever wanted to give up?
ないなぁ
Does your art make you happy?
作っている過程の方が幸せかな
出来上がったもの自体を見て幸せかというとそうでもない
What are you watching now?
テレビはあまり見ません
友人に勧められてNetflixでHIPHOP evolutionという番組を見てます。
あと映画
What is your favorite food?
チーズ味のものが好きです
Is there anything you want to say to people who want to be artists?
僕自身まだ未熟だから何も言えないよ
If you guys and girls enjoyed my first interview, you are sure to be reading more in the coming weeks.



Comments
Post a Comment